I am the fan of Barbie Dolls!I just read the articles on the history of Barbie.
Here we Go!
This is all about Barbie:
- The Barbie doll was invented in 1959 by Ruth Handler (co-founder of Mattel), whose own daughter was called Barbara.
- Barbie was introduced to the world at the American Toy Fair in New York City.
- The doll was intended to be a teenage fashion doll.
- There has been some controversy over Barbie's figure when it realized that if Barbie was a real person her measurements would be an impossible 36-18-38.
- The Ken doll was named after Ruth's son.
- Barbie first had bendable legs in 1965.
How the Barbie doll got her name??? Hmm...
- Barbie’s full name is Barbie Millicent Roberts. Inventor Ruth Handler named the doll Barbie after her 15-year-old daughter, Barbara.
- Handler’s daughter also helped inspire the idea for the Barbie doll, because Handler had noticed that as a young girl Barbara often chose to play with adult paper dolls instead of the baby dolls that were popular toys for girls after World War II.
I love Barbie's movies on television!!!
|These are Basic Barbie Collection! It's AWESOME and SUPER PRETTY!!!|